Labels

Thursday, June 9, 2011

hair - day 15

Yesterday a friend came up to me and said something to the effect of:
"I'm addicted to your blog!  I can't wait to see what you are going to do next with your hair!"
After I choked over my own laughter I thought, surely I need to take this dear friend out somewhere for some excitement.  She must not get out much.
Maybe it is just a sign of why I love her so much.
Fascinated by simple things - just like me.
Or maybe it is just the life of a missionary.....
Whatever the case, it gave me a teensy bit of motivation.

It also provided some good conversation.
Last night the school had a concert for grades 4 - 6.  We found out about it the day before.....
Anyway, the topic came up again as another friend and seen the blog.  I told them I felt like I was out of ideas, so they helped me out a little.  Even one of the husbands was into the conversation.  Needless to say, that husband was not mine!  The only problem is that most of the ideas left feel a little too fancy.  I actually did one fancier one on Sunday - a chignon (I know how to write it but really am clueless as to how to pronounce it!).  It felt like I should be going to some ritzy event in an evening gown.  Not what I was going for.  So if I do actually run out of ideas, I guess I'll be looking real fancy for a few days!

At first I just wanted to leave my hair just like it was when I came out of the shower:
 No, that's not how I was coming out of the shower ..... I did get dressed, by my hair is in my typical messy bun to keep it from getting wet.

But the motivation kicked in - thinking of my dear friend's sweet face and bright eyes, begging for more....

So today I channeled Princess Jasmine from Aladdin.

Of course my hair isn't as long, lush and cartoony as hers is, so I had to stick with three ponytail holders and a much shorter, less full look.
Maybe tomorrow I'll try for the big swoopy, stand-out-half-a-foot bangs like Ariel, that bouncy and flouncy when I walk (or even when I swim - that is some amazing hair!).
Or maybe not.

You may have noticed in the photo that I am wearing a necklace.
Another darling friend often wears one just like it and it looks so darn cute on her.
So when we went to the market the other day, I splurged the $1.50 and bought one.
I want to be just like her.

Quite frankly, I think it looks silly on me.   I should probably just go back to admiring it on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment