Labels

Monday, June 13, 2011

end of the year teacher gifts

Sigh.... got it all done.
I wasn't sure I would with all that was going on with getting ready to leave, but thankfully, it all came together.

I have really appreciated the kids' teachers this year.  Let me rephrase, I have really appreciated Mia, Cade and Lucy's teachers.
I wanted to show them how grateful we are for them, so I made some personalized gifts.
 I've seen artwork like this before and always loved them, so why not try it.  I found out the teachers' favorite colors and map artwork reflecting where they are originally from (their state, province and/or country) with a heart representing their individual city.
 When I realized I didn't have anything to wrap them in I was not happy.
At first.
Then I thought it would actually be nicer.  I could make something a little more special.
I grabbed some scrap book paper, cut it down to size and make some envelopes.
 I stitched the papers together with a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine.
 One side was bigger than the other so that I could fold it over and seal them, but first I stitched on name tags for them.

 Then I made some very simple gifts for all of the "specials" teachers: P.E., music, computer, art, etc.
 They are just bags filled with mint candies.  The tags say "You 'mint' so much to us this year.  Thanks!"
I hope the teachers feel appreciated.
We are so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment