Labels

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it! aka: Maple Nut Scones

If heaven came in food form, it just might be this:
Maple Nut Scones with Pear Butter
Oh My Word.
Muy Rico (en espaƱol)

Last week Friday, my friend told me that she had a recipe for these (while we were making Pumpkin Butter together - also quite delish!).
I could not get the thought of them out of my head so I emailed her that same night and asked her for the recipe.
Things were a little too busy with friends staying with us, the aforementioned birthday party, Casa G. day on Sunday and a Pumpkin Patch party on Monday (more on that later)....and on and on.
Yesterday, at our Spanish class, she brought some for us.
Once again:
Oh My Word.

I couldn't wait any longer, so today I had to (HAD to) make them.
They are so good
So. Good.
You'd have to be completely outside your mind to not like them (which would then mean that both her husband and son, and my husband are outside their minds.....).

I never asked her if I could share the recipe, but I'll just take my chances and give it to you.

Know that by giving you this recipe, I am increasing the blessings in your life 100 fold.
You can thank me later.

Maple Nut Scones with Pear Butter

Pear Butter:
1 large very ripe pear, peeled, cored and mashed
1/4 c. softened butter
1 1/2 T pure maple syrup*

Scones:
3 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
3/4 c. butter, cut into pieces
3/4 c. buttermilk
1 t. imitation maple flavoring*
1 c. pears, peeled and chopped
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 T sugar (for topping)

To prepare butter: Simmer mashed pear in a small saucepan over medium heat for 15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Let cool slightly, stir in butter and maple syrup. Let stand at room temp. to thicken.

To prepare scones: Preheat oven to 400. Combine dry ingredients, except 1/2 T sugar. Cut in butter until they are in pea sized pieces. Stir in buttermilk, flavoring, pears and pecans. Turn mixture onto a lightly floured board and knead several times until dough is smooth. Press into a 10 circle and cut into 10 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle wedges with the 1/2 T sugar. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with Pear Butter.

*Over here, I couldn't find maple syrup or maple flavoring, so I used pancake syrup. If you don't want to die of sheer delight, you may want to do what I did.... real maple might just be too much goodness for one to handle....

Blog Title? Thank Buddy the Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment