Labels

Friday, October 29, 2010

craft fair - my initial response

Why isn't my initial response to everything prayer?
Oh how I wish it was.

I received a good reminder from my mommy today (yes, I can call her mommy even if I am forty! So there..... tongue sticking out, fingers waggaling.....).
Just a word that I was going crazy in the brain with all my ideas for the craft fair.... and she knew how crazy (I tend to get a little carried away in the ideas department - how does she know that about me?).
She suggested that I pray.

DUH! Why didn't I think of that?

Sometimes I just don't get how God keeps having patience with me.
Prayer should be my first response - even in what crafts to make.
After all, this sale is about Him - accomplishing His work - not about me.
And I did start to make it about me.
Fancy that, me making it about me.....

Could I get myself off the brain for a while?

I was completely getting carried away with how creative I get to be, how many cool things I get to make with a good excuse, and even.....swallowing a huge lump of pride.....showing off all that I can do.
NOT THE POINT!

So now (finally) I will pray.
I will pray that God gives me wisdom to know what to make so that HIS purposes will be accomplished.

Oh please, Lord, help me to always have prayer as my initial response!

No comments:

Post a Comment