Labels

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

tomate dulce


Fruit #6: Tomate Dulce
Translation - sweet tomato or also known as tree tomato. My guess, because I'm so very smart, is that it grows on trees.
First of all, let me say, that this is a beautiful fruit. The reddish mottled outside is so pretty - love the color. But the inside rocks my world. Look at how the seeds are laid out. It is so gorgeous. And the color - to die for.... and the drop of juice coming off of the one sliced open (on the right side). Seriously beautiful fruit.
I think I am going to slice it up, dry out the slices and see how they look - might be really pretty Christmas ornaments (So you probably think I am a psycho. for even thinking of that, but hey, that is just how God made my brain. If they look fabulous, I'll show you I'm not crazy, and if they look like wrinkled, dried up nasty pieces of grossness, I won't tell you or bring it up again to protect my dignity.)
Okay, so moving on....
The peel is like a tomato but it really doesn't taste like tomato. I don't even know how to describe it - can't really parallel it to anything else I know. But it is tasty! The peel is bitter - recommend not eating that part, the orangish part is mild in flavor, and the stuff around the seeds is pure deliciousness....I ate the seeds too.
Maddy doesn't like it - she's just weird (think I might need to find a new sampling partner....).
Highly recommend this tasty treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment