Labels

Saturday, August 28, 2010

party time

So it was 11:39 p.m. when I turned off the light tonight and said to Eric "I love going to bed, so why do I always do this? - I stay up too late."
He said to me "Because you like tranquility."

A very true statement.
Being an introvert and a night person makes for long, quiet evenings.
I love love love being with my kids but I long for time to myself.
I long for solitude and silence.
Time where I am not constantly getting run over (figuratively and literally).
But I sure do need my sleep.

Maybe, you think, isn't being in bed the ultimate in tranquility?

Well, let this night be a perfect example:
11:41 p.m. Cade comes into our room
First words out of his mouth: "Where is Lucy?"
That is because he knows that Lucy often ends up in bed with us (me) in the middle of the night. He told me at bedtime (and for the last few nights) that he wanted to sleep with me because he was scared. I told him that he needed to fall asleep in his own bed first and could come in if he woke up. He said "But what if Lucy gets there first?" I told him we would work it out if it happened.
Somehow he beat her to it.
But that wasn't the only sleep issue.

It is hard to fall asleep to the Macarayna - extended version.
Yup, another party.
The music was (is) pretty loud but we did have our window open.
Eric finally closed it.
It was amazing what a difference that made.
Because it made none.

Maybe if I hang out on the computer a while longer I'll get so tired that I will fall asleep in spite of party time on Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa.*

*That is the name of our street..... I think in English it means: Party like it's 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment