Labels

Friday, August 20, 2010

pretty little things

Could they possibly be cuter?
Um, no.
So, I've been making things for the house over the last few weeks... enjoying being creative. The problem is that either my projects are very time consuming and tedious or I can only go so far because I don't have access to the supplies I need. But at least I am able to create.
Well, this week, with it's stresses of having my lover-boy in the hospital, I really needed to make something and finish it. That is a sure stress reliever for me.
I can just get lost in a project, even if it is just for half an hour, and then I have a pretty little thing when I am finished.
This headband was just the thing.
Maddy got a hand-me-down dress from someone and didn't really like it. So I kept it anyway, figuring I could make it into something else.
Originally I thought I'd make it into a dress for Lucy, but I have done a few of those lately (made a skirt of mine into a dress for her and another skirt into a dress for Mia - both super cute, I must admit!). So, I decided, for the purposes of my therapy, I would chop it up and start by making bits of it into a headband.
I've seen a few of this style on websites and such and they looked pretty cute.
Of course, I think I could wrap a rubber hose around my kid's head and it would be cute.
Well, it probably would be.
Lucy is quite thrilled to have this little hair accessory.
Now Mia and Maddy want one too. Other colors of course.
I am quite happy to do this. Problem is, now I have to try to find cheap headbands to use.... I guess I am back to the dilemma of not having the supplies at my disposal.
We'll see if we can come up with something.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? This whole living in a foreign country thing is causing the already creative juices to flow very very freely. I do expect to see a garden hose repurposed and placed delicately on your girls' heads soon and ready to be sold on etsy. You're sick my friend. (said in the most loving way possible, as I'm sure you know)

    ReplyDelete