Labels

Saturday, July 31, 2010

pimp my taxi

I can't believe I didn't write about this sooner. I forgot about it for a while, which in itself is hard to believe.

Eric and I found the perfect date night.

Last week we went with one of the guys that also works with Youth World to get our blood tests done, in order to get our drivers licenses. That was quite an adventure in itself, but I'm just not even going to waste my time right now writing about that part.... Because the best part was the taxi ride there.
This picture was taken with Eric's cell phone and does very little justice to the beauty of the sweetest taxi on the roadways of Quito.
This guy had pretty much everything made to blink, sparkle and glow. You can probably make out the little disco ball hanging from the rear view and silver skulls on the ceiling with glowing blue eyes. But honey, that is only the beginning. Mini motorcycles that glow, those little crackly lightningy type thingies (close to the technical name, I'm sure) and I could go on.
Dude.
So now Eric and I want to go on a date, at night of course - so we can get the full effect of all the interior illumination - in this taxi. Got to be the most romantic idea EVER.
Can't wait for it.
And I know you're jealous!

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous! Next time you see the taxi, get the number. :)

    ReplyDelete