Labels

Saturday, July 31, 2010

creating.... or not

So I am finally working on a few ideas that are in my brain - at least the ones that I have stuff for (so no, not a lot). And occupying the kids at the same time. Love that.
So what do you do when you have about 2.7 million coffee filters (and you don't drink coffee, and even if you did, they aren't the right filters for your coffee maker.....hey - they just got left in the house), bored children and a whole lot of time? You make butterflies.
The girls (and sometimes the boy) have been busy painting butterflies for Lucy's room. Planning to make some sort of a mobile or something. She wants me to stick them on the walls - an idea which has some merit - but, well, I'm kind of into hanging things right now.... that is foreshadowing to another project in the works. More on that later.
Anywho, I'll put up a picture some day when it is done.


I've had a good many sewing projects that I have planned - mostly curtains and nonsense like that but some things more fun too. So today I started one of the fun little things - one that I could do with just stuff lying around the house. An old t-shirt of Lucy's and a little bit of left over black fabric from some theatre curtains I made. Its a little throw pillow for Maddy's room.
I finished hand sewing some ruffly flowers and was ready to machine stitch the pillow only to discover that somehow, in our move, I lost the power cord to my beloved sewing machine.
I've looked everywhere. Everywhere. And since we really don't have much stuff, it didn't take that long to look. And I looked again.
No cord.
I haven't cried about it yet, but believe me, I want to.
I love sewing.
I have so many things I want to make (and some we things we do need) but that is not gonna happen for a while.
Sadness. Lots of sadness.
Needing a miracle... well, okay, not needing...just wanting one really bad.

1 comment:

  1. Tell me what part you need and Shawn could probably pick up a new one for you when he's on dry land again. He'll be in Minnesota, then Missouri from the 14th of August to the 31st when he returns to Quito. I'm sure he'd be happy to see if he could find one. Or you could order one and have it shipped to my in-laws' place (his last stop).

    ReplyDelete