Labels

Monday, February 28, 2011

slowly coming along

A while back I decided that I wanted to jazz up Lucy's room.
We really hadn't done anything for her room, other than put up memo board thingy.

I really wanted to do stripes.
Random stripes.

I thought of it during a momentary lapse in sanity.
Stripes=work.

Then, throughout the whole process, I had more lapses in my sanity.
Here is another one:
Yes, I let Lucy join me in the painting process.

And here is my third:
Uh-huh.
I let all the kids, and a friend who was over, join in the fun.

My thought was "more hands make less work".
Careful which hands you choose....

But alas, they did have a good time.
And in the end, I probably put as much time into fixing all of their errors as I would have had I painted all by my lonesome.
And the kids came away with a sense of accomplishment and enjoyed their creativity.
So it really was a win-win.

At least that is what I will keep telling myself.

It did turn out very cute in the end:

And Lu is really happy with it.

Oh, and remember the "artwork" of Lucy's?
So far I have put 8 coats of paint on it.
Yes, paint here is a wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment