Labels

Monday, April 22, 2013

stubborn

Don't you just hate it when one of your children displays a negative tendency that you have or did have as a child?  It is horrifying.  One of my children often displays my incredibly stubborn tendency that I had as a kid.  Thankfully, for the most part, I'm over it.
The stubbornness is about being right and oh it was a problem for me!  I remember someone completely proving me wrong (like I just did to my child) but I would hold on, no matter what - to the death - saying that I wasn't wrong.  It happened a lot.  I even remember some specific instances (pretty amazing for this woman with a pathetic memory) where I knew that the person I was arguing with was right - they completely demolished my argument - but I "stood my ground", and said I was right and they were wrong.  I was so darn stubborn.
Ridiculous.
Annoying.
And now I'm on the other end.  And I just want to apologize to those people in my life who put up with me.  It wasn't easy.  So not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment