Labels

Monday, September 27, 2010

painting craziness

I have been wanting to do this for a very long time:
Finally we are not moving or living somewhere temporarily.
And we are also in a rental where we can paint!
So I get to indulge my desire for a chevron wall (I think that is what it is called).
That is all blue painters tape - all measured out, applied and ready for painting (after I painted the wall white first - took three coats.... ask I have stated before, not the best quality paint available out here.....)
Then I painted grey/gray (depending on how you learned to spell it - I don't even remember which way I learned) on every other stripe. Yup - three coats again.
Then the kids helped me remove the tape - fun times!
Not only is the paint not the best quality, but the painters tape isn't either(notice the peeled paint?). Actually, you can get 3M brand, which is only 3x as much $, and being the cheap (I mean frugal) person that I am, I bought the local brand. Big mistake.
Fortunately, 1/3 of the wall was done with the 3M that the previous renters left here, so I did have a section that I didn't have to touch up.... nice, perfectly crisp lines.
I did have a lot of touch up to do - and it is times like this when being a perfectionist really is a pain in the behind.
But it all turned out in the end and I am thrilled.
You'll notice that my treasure is there too. I just took the wrecked legs off of it and it is pinned between the wall and the chest. And for now I have left it as-is.
Eventually I plan it mount it higher and have a bench with four drawers (one for each darling child to put their stuff into) instead of the chest.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Carla! I missed this post and I am so glad that I caught it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this wall. It looks amazing. Please come visit me and do this somewhere in my house.

    And, I love what you did with the rack for now. Can't wait to see the chest too.

    ReplyDelete