Labels

Friday, September 17, 2010

migraines

It has been a tough week.

I've had a migraine for four days in a row.... points where it hasn't been too bad, but then it hits hard again.
Really not fun.
WARNING: If you are a squeamish male about girl issues, or a female who doesn't like that people talk about girl issues, do not continue reading.
You see, the thing is that I am getting these headaches with my period. And out of the 12 weeks we have lived in this country, I have had my period for 4 of those weeks.
Either altitude effects hormones or I am in the beginning of those terrible years.....
Yipee for me.

It has also been a tough week with other stuff here.
Stuff to put my mind in worry mode and feeling pain for others mode. Stuff to get me thinking and snowballing and feeling anxious.
But you know, as always, God has been so faithful.
As of Wednesday, pretty well every time an anxious or painful thought enters my head, God has put the following on my mind:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding.
In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5,6

I have said and said and said those words a whole lot of times in the last three days.
And they have brought much comfort. Even if it brings pain, trusting Him is the best way.

I am so thankful that I learned these verses as a child.
I remember driving in the car and saying these verses together as a family.
They have brought comfort, guidance, peace and direction many times over.

Thank you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment