Labels

Sunday, June 13, 2010

contentment

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
1 Tim 6:6,7

I've been kind of fussing within my mind over the last day or so. Just found out that second hand stores don't exist in Ecuador. Neither do $1 stores. Or extensive crafts stores, I'm guessing. That puts a real dent into my creative plans. Here I've had all these dreams of what I can create for our new home.
I'm in serious nesting mode (no, not pregnant!)....just excited about being able to make our house a home in a more permanent fashion.
But now this. Not a lot of resources - especially inexpensive resources. Sigh.

Then, during my time with Jesus just now, I was brought to these verses.
I know God takes delight in my creativity. He gave it to me, after all. But my "poor me" attitude - and some jealousy to boot* - is not delightful.

Now it's got to change.

And besides, didn't I just write the other day about being thankful to live more simply?




*my jealousy currently is stemming from my darling friend, the author of kitschychiconthecheap.blogspot.com. We share two dreams: missions and creating beautiful (or just interesting) things. I guess we have, without discussing it, each taken on one of those two. Me, the former, her, the latter. We'll just share our love of both things and have appropriate jealousy of each other! Is there such a thing as appropriate jealousy?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment