Labels

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

heading home?

Once again - the definition of the word is up in question.  What is home, where is home?  They say home is where your heart is.  Hmmm.  Well, it sounds pretty dumb and corny but I'm thinking it is true. So then, if that is the case, I have several homes.
Today was leaving day - leaving one home to possibly, hopefully, establish another.  So we loaded up the truck and moved away from Beverly.... Hills that is.
 Good old Eggar Asanté, our friend the Albisio, bid us farewell.  Some might recognize Eggar to be Carson Ackermann.  That may or may not be true, but Eggar spent just as much time with us as Carson did this summer.
 Token hugs, mostly because they have to.


 And some hugs happened because they really wanted to.
 Cade and Eric thought they'd get into the action....
 No one cried (hahahahaha)
 After drying our eyes, blowing our noses and pretending we didn't do any of that.... we hit the road.  A little while later, we hit Nevada.
 Time for our last In-N-Out opportunity.

I can't honestly say that I enjoyed it that much.  I'm rather ill - a pretty bad cold.  Sore throat, coughing, running nose, sinus pressure, whiny attitude, pouty face, feel-sorry-for-myself and sleep most of the drive type of cold.  The good news is, it is the first time I've been sick since leaving Ecuador.  That is a record - and it is really and truly an I-can-put-my-finger-on-it sickness.  How refreshing.
On our drive we sighted a funnel cloud.  Well, it was more of a dust-funnel, than a tornado.... actually seen somewhat often on the barren lands of Nevada, but it was a thrill for us!
We stopped in Elko, Nevada at the High Desert Inn.  We splurged and upgraded for our anniversary.  Yes - 19 years today.  Crazy.  This is how most people like to celebrate - driving several hours pulling a trailer, with your four kids, mouth-breathing, in a smokey hotel, with your husband doing everything because you are a pathetic mess of snot.  
Smooches, darling husband.  You are a dreamboat and I love you.
As tribute to Eggar, Mia, Cade and Lucy jumped in the water as Albisios.  Although the picture doesn't show it, the pool was very loud and very crowded, so we didn't last too long.  The kids were kind of going crazy and so was I!

 Of course, the game made it out, as usual, although I think Eric made most of the sightings.

2 comments:

  1. HI CARSON, IM ETHAN BRANDENBURG FROM PSA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing? I played against you in outdoor!

    ReplyDelete