Labels

Thursday, June 13, 2013

see you maybe

So I had this idea several months ago - to do a parody of the song "Call Me Maybe" but about Alliance, the school the kids go to and I work at.  I wasn't sure if people would go for it, but I tried anyway.  The idea was to have it for the last pep rally of the school year as a way to say goodbye to the students.
I rewrote the words, trying to keep it somewhat similar to the real song.   A friend who also works at the school recorded the song for me using my lyrics.  Then I had to set up a million appointments with staff and faculty and try to get them to cooperate/participate.  That was no small task!  One of the teachers who teaches video production did some of the recording and all of the editing.  And then - hours later (and severely dumbing down my ideas - due to lack of time, resources and cooperation!) we had our video.  
This is the result!
Everyone loved it and had a great time watching.  Lots of work, but certainly worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment