Labels

Saturday, April 21, 2012

sick of yourself?

Do you ever get sick of yourself?  I mean like sick of your sinfulness, humanness, dealing with your constant imperfections?
Last evening I said something - not a horrible something - that made me sick to my stomach about myself.  It was just my pride oozing out.  Pride about something stupid - a comment I made about something that basically said "my infirmity is worse than yours".  How utterly stupid and prideful - being prideful about something that is wrong with me.  Utter lunacy. 
So often I look back at myself and what I say, think or do and I just want to beg "God please take me now!"  I don't want to be a yucky friend, a prideful person - a braggart, a selfish spouse, an impatient parent..... and on and on it goes.
Oh Lord, thank you that you are so patient with me and that Your mercies are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment