Labels

Sunday, March 10, 2013

lent

This was my last taste of chocolate - back on Fat Tuesday.  I'm currently "lenting" chocolate and soda.
I explained to the kids what I was doing and why - the reason behind giving something up for the season of lent.  Cade decided he was going to lent something too (that is where the use of the word lent in verb form started....).  "I'm lenting putting my shoes away where they belong instead of leaving them lying around."  He's had about a 30% success rate.  Today, between church and Casa G. he couldn't find his shoes anywhere.  I finally found them put away properly in his shoe drawer.....
On another note, I received a real treat from a friend.  Rhubarb!

Eric hates the stuff, but I couldn't have been more thrilled.  So far I've made rhubarb sauce and rhubarb muffins.  More lovely, tart treats to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment