Labels

Friday, October 3, 2014

last random bits

Man.  Life has been insane.  And I am insane with it.  Finally today I feel like I have a moment to breathe - first time in weeks and weeks.  But, truth be told, I just don't do busyness like I used to.  I used to thrive on it.  Now it kind of drives me crazy and I feel like I don't do anything well.  On the other hand, I think if I don't have much going on at all I don't do anything well either - I let everything slide.  Maybe I'm just not doing anything well……
I blame Eric. 
(of course I have nothing to back this blame but I certainly can't be responsible, can I?)
Okay, well, anyway.  I am really behind.  Again.  So much has happened in the last month and a bit and often I just feel like I can't do this anymore.  Since we are no longer overseas, it seems kind of pointless too.  
I keep going back and forth about trying to blog for real - like a cooking/creative/crafting/sewing/decorating/life with Jesus and all that good stuff blog.  But there are about a billion out there already.  So I flounder.
The good news is that I am going to a Christian blogging conference with my darling sister-in-law Val in a few weeks - we are meeting up in South Carolina.  Maybe this will give me direction.  That would be great.  It would be a fabulous bonus because in reality, I'm going mostly to see Val.  Just keeping it real….
Boy, I've been blabbing a lot and haven't really gotten to the point of what this post is supposed to be about.  Shocking.  So unlike me.

Yes, okay, moving on.  This is all about last bits of life before we moved.  Yes, WE MOVED!!  We have our very own home!  Very exciting - and we'll get to that a little later, in another post.  Now we'll deal with these photos that I uploaded about a month and a half ago.  Lets just see if I even remember what they are about, shall we?
Photo #1
I believe this was the day that I decided it would be a good idea to make a double batch of banana bread, a double batch of whole wheat bread, a triple batch of muffins, a cake and homemade ice cream all basically at the same time-ish.
Photo #2
This was the "before" of this chair I refinished.  I think the idea was that I was then supposed to take a photo of the "after" as well - and post that too.  I guess I should do that.
Photo #3
My sister-in-law Glenda's parents got some Saskatoon berries that we could buy.  And I couldn't possibly say no to fresh berries!!  Yum!  And of course they called for a pie.  Been making quite a few pies lately - because we all know of my love.
Photo #4
Fresh, homegrown tomatoes and basil from our "garden".  Caprese was calling.  Soooo good.
Photos #5, 6, 7, 8 
(sounds like I am counting out to start dancing… "and 5, 6, 7, 8…")



One of the last paper-delivery days before the kids headed back to school - they all decided to pitch in and help.  Would have liked to have seen this every Thursday, but we'll take the occasional one here and there.
Photo #9
Just wanted to get a picture of my temporary "art" display before we moved.  Print-outs from the internet and my "laugh" water-colour, all put up with washi tape.  Not fancy, but it did the job.
Photo #10
Our summer bucket list.  We did okay on it but not great.  I always have lots of good ideas but my  follow through is rather lame.
Photos #11 and 12

My little library!!  I started back at work on August 20th or something like that.  Hard to go back, let me tell you.  Very hard.  But there have been some good changes on the job front now, so it has been good.  One big change is that I oversee the K-12 library.  And this lovely little room in the K-6 library section that I got to design/decorate.  So fun.  It looks even better now.  It is a fun space and I love having the kids come in and cozy up on the chairs to read.  It makes me happy.
Much more catching up to come….

No comments:

Post a Comment